- Tues, Oct 17th, 2017
- Tues, Nov 21st, 2017
Last PAC Meeting was held on Sept 12th, 2017: Minutes
PAC Fundraising Events
- Walkathon – October 6th, 2017 – One of our largest fundraisers for the PAC and the School! Students pledge to walk and donations are collected for a set amount or per lap – prizes for class with the best spirit! Online donations are now working: http://www.generalwolfepac.ca/fundraising/payment/. Deadline extended: Please submit all cash/cheque donations and pledge sheets to the school by OCT 18th!
- Family Photo Night – is on October 18th and 19th. Families can sign up outside the office for a $15 photo session with an experienced, professional photographer who will take 10 – 15 poses during your 15 minute session. Pets are welcome. To hold your spot please bring the $15 fee into the library when you sign up. (Exact cash or cheques payable to General Wolfe Elementary)
- Just a reminder to save the Date – Friday, October 27th, 7 – 9 pm for Wolfe’s Halloween Dance! This exciting PAC sponsored social event, one of many great annual traditions at Wolfe, will have music, drinks, snacks, glow sticks, a 50/50 draw, and more! Admission is $3 and the entrance is through the gym doors on 26th Avenue. Please note this is a family event, and all children must attend with a supervising adult.
- Extracurricular activities available this year are listed here. **Note Basketball practice on tues and thursday morning are co-ed – both boys and girls grades 4-7.
- *New this year* – if you’re child is absent parents should report their absence by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message on the dedicated answering service by calling 604-713-5159 extension 93. Click here for more information on this new process.
- The election for school trustees will happen on October 14th, 2017. Please get involved and vote as this directly affects your child’s education. Candidate profiles (to be posted soon): http://vancouver.ca/your-government/run-for-office.aspx. More info on the by election: https://vancouver.ca/your-government/2017-by-election.aspx
- Our new playground is a space net! it is scheduled to be done by October, 2017. Thanks to all parents, companies and other sponsors over the years who made this happen.
- In 2017, parents were surveyed about the PAC and what they wanted from the PAC, playground, hot lunch, social responsibility and more. Here are the results.
New Parents to Wolfe – Welcome!
- Add our calendar to your phone – we have a calendar that combines most Wolfe School events, PAC events and other important dates all in one. Add this shared calendar to your phone: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/generalwolfepac%40gmail.com/public/basic.ics
- We have a general wolfe PAC mailing list to discuss community, social and PAC topics. Please note this is separate from the school list which only covers school events and communication. sign up by emailing Colleen von Dehn (email@example.com).
- Our school has a hot lunch program which replaced the VSB program last year. It starts on Sep 13th, 2017. Deadline for ordering is Sept 12 (for Sept meals) and menus should be available on Sept 11th. Oct, Nov and Dec deadlines are on the google calendar.
- Our school is very engaged with seismic upgrading – we welcome your voice and efforts (which are needed!).
- There is a new BC curriculum which is implemented at Wolfe this year. Due to the amazing efforts of parents and teachers to incorporate technology, the PAC has been able to supply the needed laptops to support and enhance the curriculum delivery!
- With every year parents with older kids head off to senior schools. We need the help of parents (especially new parents) to get involved in the PAC, either by attending meetings, or helping with fundraising or advocacy to support this great school and its students. Contact the PAC exec – we need your help!