We have grouped them into the following: School led activities, parent led activities and activities via the VSB community schools program.
School led activities
The school via dedicated teachers and staff run several extracurricular activities. Grades and the number of teams vary depending on the number of interested students and the availability of teacher sponsors
- Cross Country (grades 3-7)
- Floor Hockey (grades 5-7)
- Choir/Popchoir (grades 2-7 for choir, grades 6-7 Pop choir)
- Drama club – (may or may not happen, depends on a volunteer)
- Basketball (grades 6-7, sometimes grade 5)
- Volleyball (grades 6-7, sometimes grade 5)
- Soccer (grades 6-7)
- Ultimate (grade 7)
- Badminton (grade 7)
- Track and field (grades 4 to 7)
- Jazz band
As these activities are run by the school, please contact Susan for more information.
Parent led activities
There are also parent led activities that the PAC supports:
- Chess Club: The Chess club at lunchtime on Tuesdays is open to all ages. We meet and play chess! If the child doesn’t know how to play, we teach him or her. After March break, we hold a chess tournament with a senior and junior division. There are gold, silver, and bronze medals handed out in both divisions and the senior gold medallist gets his or her name engraved on the Wolfe School Chess Trophy on display in the library. In the spring, there is usually one Tri-school chess tournament that costs about $15 and is held on a pro-d day. Chess usually wraps up by Victoria Day.
- General Wolfe Gardens: General Wolfe Elementary Grounds Committee oversees 10 of the City of Vancouver Green Streets boulevard and traffic calming gardens that beautify our community along a bike route. We have food gardens, composters and indigenous species naturalized playspaces and outdoor landscaped classrooms. Whole Foods Whole Kids Foundation, Think & Eat Green and our own PAC have contributed to our ability to give more classrooms an opportunity to grow. We are a Master Gardener Community Project. General Wolfe has a 25 year history of greening, gardening and unique natural spaces. We have numerous indigenous species, pollinator friendly plants, food gardens and planter boxes. We have a history of volunteering up to 1000 hours per year of collective garden maintenance and engagement with students. We are actively looking for parents of children in younger grades as many of us will ‘graduate’ from Wolfe in a year. We have had great success and engagement with teachers and administrators and want the good work to continue. Please visit www.generalwolfegardens.blogspot.ca to find out more about volunteer opportunities, the various gardens and the various topics taught to grades K-7.
- Basketball Mornings: Basketball training takes place every Tues and Thurs morning In the Wolfe gymnasium 7:50 -8:50. Open to both boys or girls that are interested Grades 4–7. Some of the kids will use this time to improve their skills for club or school based basketball teams. Focus on fundamentals for dribbling, passing, shooting, individual and team defence.
- Craft Club: TBA
- Social and Emotional Learning: such as guest speakers, peer helper training, lunch time clubs, mind Up, iGirl/iGuy
The VSB leads after school program via their community schools team (CST). These have minimal charges and in the past have included activities such as cooking, literature club and homework club. More information is available at the VSB CST page. A list of VSB CST contacts is available here (Wolfe is part of the Community of Schools West 1 team)