We have grouped them into the following: School led activities, parent led activities and activities via the VSB community schools program.
School led activities
The school via dedicated teachers and staff run several extracurricular activities. Grades and the number of teams vary depending on the number of interested students and the availability of teacher sponsors
- Cross Country (grades 3-7)
- Floor Hockey (grades 5-7)
- Choir/Popchoir (grades 2-7 for choir, grades 6-7 Pop choir)
- Drama club – (may or may not happen, depends on a volunteer)
- Basketball (grades 6-7, sometimes grade 5)
- Volleyball (grades 6-7, sometimes grade 5)
- Soccer (grades 6-7)
- Ultimate (grade 7)
- Badminton (grade 7)
- Track and field (grades 4 to 7)
- Jazz band
As these activities are run by the school, please contact School Administration for more information.
Parent led activities
There are also parent led activities that the PAC supports:
- Chess Club – The Chess club at lunchtime on Tuesdays is open to all ages. We meet and play chess! If the child doesn’t know how to play, we teach him or her. After March break, we hold a chess tournament with a senior and junior division. There are gold, silver, and bronze medals handed out in both divisions and the senior gold medallist gets his or her name engraved on the Wolfe School Chess Trophy on display in the library. In the spring, there is usually one Tri-school chess tournament that costs about $15 and is held on a pro-d day. Chess usually wraps up by Victoria Day.
- Contact the PAC for more information or to propose a parent-led activity when COVID allows.
The VSB leads after school program via their community schools team (CST). These have minimal charges and in the past have included activities such as cooking, literature club and homework club. More information is available at the VSB CST page. A list of VSB CST contacts is available here (Wolfe is part of the Community of Schools West 1 team)